- » Submit a Manuscript
- » Author Guidelines
- » Copyright Notice
- » Privacy Statement
- » Editorial Policies
Media Industries is a peer-reviewed, multi-media, open-access online journal that supports critical studies of media industries and institutions worldwide. We invite contributions that range across the full spectrum of media industries, including film, television, internet, radio, music, publishing, gaming, advertising, and mobile communications. Authors are encouraged to explore a range of industry-related processes, such as production, distribution, infrastructure, policy, exhibition, and retailing. Contemporary or historical studies may explore industries individually or examine inter-medial relations between industrial sectors employing qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methodologies; of primary importance is that submissions adopt a critical perspective.
- Authors may, for example, explore how social and cultural factors influence media industry practices or the ways that media industry practices shape cultural products. We are especially interested in contributions that draw attention to global and international perspectives, and use innovative methodologies, imaginative theoretical approaches, and new research directions.
- Submissions must be between 5000 and 7000 words and conform to the Chicago Manual of Style note and bibliography system (16th ed.). Contributors are encouraged to employ the online format creatively by incorporating audiovisual materials and hyperlinks within their articles.
Already have a Username/Password for Media Industries?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in .doc or .docx format.
- Title page, to be submitted separate from the article in the metadata section, includes: 1. All author names, affiliations, and contact information; 2. Four or five keywords for online searches; 3. An abstract of no more than 150 words.
- The submission uses the Chicago Manual of Style (16th ed.) endnote format.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 11-point Book Antiqua font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- Authorization has been acquired for any media materials used and/or they fall under the definition of fair use.
- All outside funding sources must be acknowledged in the endnotes.
Media Industries is an open-access, peer-reviewed, online academic journal. As such, we aim to participate in the open exchange of information. Articles published in Media Industries are released under Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial No Derivatives (by-nc-nd) License. Under this license, articles are available for sharing and noncommercial distribution provided the appropriate attribution is given.
Authors grant Media Industries the right to publish and archive their work, but retain the copyright to their work. Additionally, we ask that authors do not publish their submission elsewhere for three months following the publication of the issue in which their work appears.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.